In this blog post I will teach you the best way to do Instagram marketing.
Growing your followers or your likes and comments is probably opposite to what you may think. It’s all about engaging with them vs. them engaging with you. Let’s dive in to how you can do this.
Best Way to Do Instagram Marketing – Step #1 – Engage With Them First
On Instagram there are a variety of ways to find your ideal clients or customers. One of the first ways I like to teach is to start in your local area, or in relevant hashtags and work your ways out (if you want a larger reach).
- Login to Instagram
- Go to explore and search your hometown or where your biz is
- Go to the tab places or search a relevant hashtags
- Then click the area you want to see
- All of those photos are photos of where people have tagged themselves
- Click on a photo you like and genuinely comment. (No emojis or generic responses, go with the first thing you think of.)
Example: You’re a realtor in Tampa
- Search “Tampa, Florida” click that one in the list.
- Then in the top 9 photos write genuine comments for them. Then in the recent photos do the same.
Example: You’re a online fitness coach who serves New Moms
Search “#newmom” click that one in the list. Then in the top 9 photos write genuine comments for them. Then in the recent photos do the same.
The person you commented on probably doesn’t get a ton of comments. Most people get around 1-7 comments per post, so when they see you comment they’ll be like “who’s this?”. They may hit your bio and it says that you sell x. That person may be like whatever but when you keep doing it, eventually someone will say “Oh I’m looking for x and the content they have is awesome, they totally know what they’re talking about.”
Do this across any areas you want to gain attraction in.
This is called Gary V’s $1.80 rule. Leaving your two cents 90 times a day. This gives you brand awareness and if you’re content is good you’re set.
Best Way to Do Instagram Marketing – Step #2 – Have a Clear Bio
However, when people hit your page you want them to know exactly how you can help them.
Instagram limits the amount of characters you can use so start with this information first:
- Make sure you have an I help statement.
- Make sure you have a call to action.
Here are some examples of good I help statements. (Note – it’s important to use the same language that your ideal clients or customers would use. You want people to hit your account and go “oh she helps people like me.”
❌I help new Moms find their inner goddess after having a baby.
✅ I help new Moms burn fat and get their bodies back.
Be straight to the point with the words that your ideal clients or customers would use.
Call To Action (CTA)
People tend to need direction on what to do and how to do it. After they read your awesome bio, they need to know what to do next.
- Use a finger pointing down to direct them what you want them to do.
- Ideas would be send them to a:
- Freebie to get them on your email list
- Blog Post (where they can opt-into your email list on there)
- Podcast Episode (where they can opt-into your email list from there)
👇Grab my Free Instagram Cheat Sheet and grow your leads today
👇Learn how much your home is really worth.
👇Burn more fat in 5 days flat.
👇Grab my free recipe book.
👇Download my Clear and Free Skin Secrets and get better skin in 5 easy steps.
👇Apply for the Instagram Impact Masterclass – only x spots left.
Best Way to Do Instagram Marketing – Step #3 – Use Hashtags
Hashtags will help you get found long after you do a post.
Here’s what to do.
1. Make a list of hashtags you’re competitors are using
2. Make a list of the hashtags your ideal clients/customers are using
3. Look at the lists and start making your own lists. Break the lists into 30 hashtags.
4. Save the hashtags in Planoly and name them.
5. Within 30 mins of posting add the 30 hashtags related to that post within the comments.
Another option is to use websites that will suggest other hashtags to you that people search for too such as Instavast.
Time to Take action.
- Start engaging locally and with popular hashtags in your area
- Make sure your bio is clear. Make sure you have a clear I help statement and a clear call to action.
- Use hashtags on all of your posts in the comments. Go back and add hashtags to your old posts too.
FREEBIE! Download my FREE Instagram Cheat Sheet! These content strategies tripled my leads and sales!
It’s totally free. Grab it here!
Momprenuer, Wife, Believer, Business Coach, Host of the Mompreneur Marketing Podcast and Lover of Rom-Coms.
P.S. BE SURE TO JOIN MY FREE FB COMMUNITY, WHERE I HOLD LIVE BIZ TRAININGS EVERY WEEK! JOIN HERE.
If you enjoyed this post on The Best Way to Do Instagram Marketing, comment & re-pin on Pinterest please.